- As we are sure you all know the Novel Coronavirus, SARS CoV-2 which causes the COVID-19 illness, is widely present in The United States. Below you will find information and recommendations.
- Out of an abundance of caution and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please be advised we will not be seeing patients in-person in the office until at least March 27th 2020. Your health is of utmost importance to us and we want to be sure to limit contact between our patients. With this, we have implemented Tele-medicine capabilities to meet the needs of our established patients.
- With the implementation of Tele-medicine in the office, we will evaluate our sick patients via a HIPPA compliant video chat platform, with patients' consent, and determine appropriate treatment recommendations at each visit. If felt necessary, you may be brought to the office for further evaluation or in office testing based on presentation and possible diagnosis.
- Established patient's already scheduled for a well visit or routine follow up will be offered a Tele-visit in lieu of a regular office visit.
- We are NOT able to see new patients using Tele-medicine at this time. New patients will be rescheduled to a later date when we can see you in the office.
- Instructions for connecting with our physicians via Tele-medicine will be given to each patient prior to their visit.
General clinical information and recommendations.
- The Novel Coronavirus is transmitted from person to person via respiratory droplets and possibly via fecal-oral transmission route.
- Predominant symptoms include fever and cough which can progress to difficulty breathing. It is sometimes associated with mild upper respiratory symptoms like sore throat and runny nose and/or diarrhea but these symptoms seem to occur less frequently.
- We ask that if you are experiencing these symptoms please avoid contact with others, especially the elderly and those with underlying health issues. Under no circumstances should you come to the office unless you are instructed to do so.
- There is currently no treatment for this virus and testing is extremely limited.
- We are NOT able to test you for COVID-19 in the office. The local health officials in conjunction with the local health systems are in the process of setting up community testing sites which may become available once testing is more readily available.
- Things you can do if you suspect you have COVID-19 are to get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids and take tylenol for fevers and aches and over the counter cough medicine if you able to take them.
- If you are an established patient and having severe symptoms or difficulty breathing please call the office for further evaluation and instructions.
- As always, your health is our prime concern. Prevention is the best medicine so please follow the new "social distancing" recommendations and stay away from others, especially those who are sick or elderly/ill.
- Lastly, Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and wash them often, especially before and after eating.
Jersey Coast Family Medicine is excited to share upcoming changes in our office.
- We are delighted to announce the addition of Dr. Kimberly Odell to our staff. Dr. Odell is board certified in Family Medicine and brings with her a wealth of experience in Geriatrics, Palliative Care and Hospice medicine. She will be seeing patients here in the office and assisting with teaching the residents both here in the office as well as the hospital and other settings to be announced in the future.
- We are also excited to announce our continued involvement in the Family Medicine Residency at Ocean Medical Center.
- A Family Medicine Residency Program serves to teach new physicians the art of Family Medicine. Hackensack Meridian Health has established an innovative training program at Ocean Medical Center using community-based Family Practice offices to train residents over a three-year period. Eight residents per year are selected from a national pool and distributed between four Family Medicine practices in Ocean County. Jersey Coast Family Medicine is honored to be a core training center for the Ocean Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Residents will be assigned to our office to complete their three-year residency. These physicians will establish their own panels of patients and will assist in the care of our existing patients under the guidance and supervision of Dr. Kenneth Kronhaus and Dr. Kelly Ussery-Kronhaus who serves as the Program Director for the Family Residency Program at Ocean Medical Center.
The residents are eager to be a part of the team and our office is honored to help educate the Family Physicians of tomorrow.
Jersey Coast Family Medicine Participates in
Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+)
Our practice is participating in CPC+, the nation’s largest-ever program to
improve primary care.
Giving doctors extra support to help you get better care
Through CPC+, our insurers will give our practice additional resources to help
us better manage your care. We hope to provide you the highest quality patientcentered
More information for traditional Medicare (Part A and Part B) beneficiaries:
To help us take better care of you, Medicare will start sharing some of your
personal health information with us. This will help provide us with a more
complete picture of your health and be better able to coordinate your care.
If you want to stop Medicare from sharing this information, you should call
1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
Your Medicare benefits aren’t changing. You still have the right to use or visit any
doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare, at any time. Your doctor may continue
to recommend that you see particular doctors for your specific health needs, but
it’s always your choice which doctors you use or hospital you visit.
If you have questions or concerns, you can contact our Office Manager, Christie
Ciszewski at 732-458-8000 or speak with your physician at your next visit. You
can also visit https://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/comprehensive-primary-careplus,
contact CPC+ Support at CPCPlus@Telligen.com or 1-888-372-3280, or
call 1-800-MEDICARE with questions.